The UAE, being centrally located for two continents, offers myriad tourist gateway options that are less than 5 hours away. This summer, get away for a mini break for the weekend or a long and well deserved holiday to some of the best destinations close by. Use your credit/debit card to make payments at hotels and restaurants and get amazing cash backs.
Summer Holiday Getaways from the UAE
Although the UAE in itself offers breath-taking tourist attractions, it is good to get away and explore the equally beautiful attractions in surrounding countries too. You can also avail UAE residents summer offers on credit/debit cards when you pay via your MasterCard or Visa cards. Here are the 5 top destinations to choose from.
- Amman, Jordan – Barely three hours from the Emirates, Jordan is considered to be the hub of the modern Middle East, with bars, restaurants, famous art galleries and more. Amman boasts a restored theatre of the Roman Philadelphia. You can also plan a day trip to the Dead Sea or visit the UNESCO world heritage site of Petra just three hours from Amman.
- Oman – Just an hour away from Dubai, this is a great option for adventurers who want to indulge in activities such as hiking, trekking, camping, rock climbing and more. It boasts beautiful mountains and serene beaches, where you can indulge in scuba diving and turtle watching.
- Goa, India – Whether you are heading to the beaches, where you can party all day and all night, or for a peaceful retreat to just relax, Goa has something for everyone. You can stay at a shack by the beach or at one of the many luxury hotels. You can also enjoy trips to the jungle. Check out other places in India. such as Agra, with the Taj Mahal, or various hill stations.
- Sri Lanka – This country is home to beautiful beaches, gorgeous elephant orphanages and the spiciest food. A trip to Sri Lanka would be inexpensive and fulfilling. You can visit Kandy, for its beautiful beaches, or explore the wetlands along the beach in Colombo.
- Maldives – A must visit destination for couples in love, the Maldives offers a peaceful retreat amongst blue beaches, houses on stilts and an abundance of marine life. You can also visit Huruku Miskiiy, the oldest mosque in the country, dating back to 1658. It is a beautiful structure made out of coral. You can also visit the local markets to get the real flavour of the Maldives culture.
The best part is that you can get some great UAE residents summer offers on credit/debit cards when you swipe to make hotel bookings and even when you use your card to pay at restaurants overseas.