Pimples are the worst thing to happen to the skin, but the problem gets compounded if one has soft skin. Soft skin is pleasurable to the touch, but it is often sensitive and can react adversely to harsh chemical products. Women are often flummoxed about how to cure pimples if they have soft skin, and are forced to suffer their pimples in silent despair.
While chemical products and harsh cleansers succeed in drying out pimples, they dry out the skin, too! Instead, you can try a few natural remedies to get clear, glowing soft skin that is completely free of pimples.
Wondering how to treat pimples at home? Use these kitchen ingredients:
- Lemon juice and baking soda. Mix one teaspoon of lemon juice with half teaspoon of baking soda and make a paste. Apply this paste directly on to the pimples and wash off with cold water when the paste dries completely. Regular use of this paste will dry out the pimples, which will shed naturally and painlessly.
- Tea tree oil. Tea tree oil is harsh on acne and pimples, and succeeds in weeding out the pimple in a couple of days. Apply sparingly on the pimple using a cotton ear bud. Wipe off with a damp washcloth after 30 minutes. Do this every day till the pimple is completely eliminated.
- Steam and ice. Repeated extremes of temperature may eradicate pimples forever. Start by applying a mild cleansing lotion on the pimples, then steam the affected area for 5 minutes. At the end of 5 minutes, run an ice cube over the steamed area while it is still warm. Repeat this process two more times. Steaming also removes trapped oil and surface bacteria, so your pimples will not resurface.
- Peppermint. Grate a few fresh peppermint leaves in water or milk to make a paste. Apply this paste to your pimples. The menthol in mint reduces inflammation and redness, while drying out the pimple completely. Wash off after 15 minutes. This is an excellent remedy for scar-free pimple removal. Amp up the paste’s power by adding two drops of lemon juice (but not if you grate the mint leaves in milk).
- Indian Lilac leaves. Grate a few leaves of Indian Lilac leaves (also known as ‘neem’ leaves) in water, add a pinch of turmeric to this paste and apply it over the affected area. Leave it on overnight and wash off the next morning with cold water. This is a cure to eliminate pimple-causing bacteria from the skin, so you will never suffer a breakout.
- Fenugreek. Fenugreek is an excellent cleanser and anti-bacterial substance. Mix a teaspoon of fenugreek powder in rose water to make a paste. Apply it over the pimples and wash after an hour with cold water.
- Oatmeal scrub and rose water. Sometimes, a mild clutch of pimples need intensive treatment. Make a thick paste of 3 tablespoon oatmeal in water. Scrub this over the affected area with firm (but not hard) strokes for 1 minute. Now run a cotton ball soaked in cold rose water over the scrubbed area to restore moisture and reduce inflammation. Follow this up with any of the remedies listed above.