Pouches under your eyes, rims around them…looks like your eyes could do with some urgent help.
Your eyes are your window to the world. But they also spill your secrets! They are the first organ in your face to reveal when you’ve been sleeping later or partying at odd hours. They will lose their sparkle and become lined when you are stressed.
Of all the problems associated with your eyes, developing bags and dark circles under them are the worst. Whatever the level of skin care you adopt, or however much you try to disguise it with makeup, you cannot hide the state of your eyes. Instead of trying to hide these flaws, get even with them – learn how to reduce dark circles and remove the bags under your eyes.
- Get enough sleep. Dark circles are normally a result of stress and fatigue in the eyes. This stress may be caused by working on the computer, lack of sleep and inadequate nutrition. When the skin is soothed and rested, you will find the key to the question of how to remove dark circles. Get at least 7 hours of sleep every day and drink lots of water to keep your skin hydrated.
- Almond oil to lighten the skin. Almond oil is packed with nourishing nutrients. It is a rich repository of Vitamin E, which heals and protects the skin from aging and internal stresses. Apply almond oil on the affected skin and wash off after two hours. Over time, you will see your dark circles disappearing.
- Rose water to soothe the skin. Rose water is an excellent substance to soothe the skin and remove fatigue. Cool a bottle of rose water in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Now wet a piece of flat cotton with rose water and place it over your eyes. Let the cotton dry completely before you take it off. The rose water will soothe the skin and reduce your dark circles. This is an excellent remedy to follow just before you sleep at night.
- Tomato to bleach the skin. Tomato contains bleaching properties, and has been historically used to lighten the skin and clear the complexion. Take an overripe tomato and squeeze out its juice. Smear the juice liberally over the dark circles twice a day. Over time, the dark circles will be lightened completely.
- Lemon and gram flour paste. Lemon juice has a bleaching and cleansing property, much like tomato juice. However, it might be too harsh on the skin when applied directly. Mix two teaspoons of lemon juice with half teaspoon of gram flour and a pinch of turmeric powder. Make a paste of these ingredients and apply it on the dark circles. You will notice that the dark circles disappear after a few days and the skin around the eyes becomes tauter.