Pigmentation is painless, but it mars your appearance. We present five ways to reduce and eliminate your skin pigmentation.
Your skin is the mirror to your overall health. If there is something wrong on the inside, it will surely show up on your skin! Skin that is stressed and unclean often manifests itself as acne. Similarly, lack of rest and the wrong food can cause excessive oiliness. But it takes prolonged sun exposure, hormonal changes and genetic factors (sometimes a combination of all three) to cause skin pigmentation.
Pigmentation reveals itself as spots, freckles or patches on the skin. It is painless, but clearly visible. It can occur at any age, but it is possible to remedy them. You can opt for skin pigmentation treatment under the guidance of an experienced dermatologist. But if you want to try home remedies to lessen and eliminate the problem, we’ve got 5 remedies to suggest.
Try these skin pigmentation treatments at home:
- Vinegar. The acids present in vinegar help clear the skin’s surface, remove dead cells and help in exfoliation. Once the skin is cleared, it can work on the pigmentation and remove it. Dilute one teaspoon of vinegar with one teaspoon of water, and apply it on the skin using a cotton pad. Do not apply on skin that broken or irritated. The vinegar targets the pigmentation and begins to lighten it.
- Gauva and banana pack. Ripe banana shows excellent exfoliating properties by removing dead skin cells and allowing hydration. It prepares the skin for further treatment. Mash an overripe banana with a soft, ripe guava in a bowl. Apply it on the face and other areas of skin pigmentation and leave it on for 30 minutes. Wash off with cold water. Use this pack thrice a week for best results.
- Cocoa butter. Cocoa butter offers a high level of hydration and is effective in combating dry skin that leads to pigmentation and age spots. Rub some cocoa butter on the affected areas of the skin and leave it on overnight. Wash your skin the next morning using cold water and a mild face wash. This remedy reduces skin pigmentation gradually.
- Lemon juice and potato. Lemon juice is an excellent ingredient that goes to the root of most skin problems without affecting the skin’s texture. It is a wonderful remedy for skin pigmentation as well. Double its benefits by mashing a potato and adding lemon juice to it. Use this mask on the skin to remove skin pigmentation marks.
- Papaya mash. If you want a slow but effective skin pigmentation treatment that removes the marks and lightens skin, simply grate a papaya. Apply it on your skin and leave it on for an hour. Papain present in papaya spurs the growth of new skin cells and sloughs off dead ones. The skin is thus rejuvenated to fight pigmentation better. Applying this mask every day for a month will eliminate skin pigmentation completely.