Using body wash daily helps you maintain an optimum level of cleanliness and health. Healthy skin is better equipped to fight infection and skin problems.
A clean body is a healthy body. This has been seen since time immemorial, when our ancestors prescribed a daily bath with bathing salts and soaps to improve our skin’s immunity and overall texture. Just like any other organ of the body, the skin needs to be clean and fresh to function well and remain in good health. This is possible only when the skin is kept hydrated and is cleaned every day with the right skin washing products.
The soap v/s liquid debate
Traditionally, all of us have used soaps for our baths. Even today, the preferred skin cleaning product for most people is a soap; few prefer to use liquid body wash on a daily basis. Soaps are more convenient to store and easier to use.
However, soaps do not provide effective cleaning or anti-bacterial action. Since they are rubbed on the body and replaced in the soap dish, the germs and microbes on the skin are transferred on to the soap. You end up using the same infected soap over and over again. Soaps are surely used for cleaning the skin, but they do not exhibit self-cleaning properties!
In contrast, liquid body washes are squeezed out of a tube or bottle, and the rest of the liquid is left untouched. The same bottle can be used by multiple people, as long as they use different loofahs or scrubbers. This makes liquid body wash products safer to use. They also exhibit better germicidal properties.
How to use body wash
- Take a coin-sized quantity of body wash liquid on your loofah or sponge or palm of your hand.
- It is recommended to use loofahs or sponges instead of slathering the liquid by hand – the former options help slough off dead skin and clean the skin better.
- Squeeze the loofah or sponge to work up a lather.
- Rub the loofah all over the body in firm circular motions. Rub it on the back of your knees, inside your elbows, on your nape and on the ankles.
- Wash off with clean running water. Repeat if desired. Body wash may be used on the face as well.
The advantages of body wash
Body washes provide antibacterial protection as also a lingering fragrance. Since the dried sweat and dust on the skin are cleaned off completely, the problems of body odour, acne, blackheads and boils are eliminated. The skin remains clean and germ-free for a longer period of time, thus becoming healthy. Clean and healthy skin is also able to fight infection better, slough off dead skin, fight ageing and also remove toxins better through sweat. You can help your skin retain its good health by drinking plenty of water and having a healthy diet.