According to a survey, conducted by researchers from the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Texas and published in 2014, only 8.6% women between the ages of 16 to 40 years did not groom their pubic hair. While this might not be representative of the rest of the world, it does point towards the growing popularity of a clean pubic area. On the other hand, the survey also revealed that 95% of the women said that they take care of their hair themselves at home instead of opting for the expensive option of going to a salon. With our increasingly busy schedules, it isn’t just the cost that keeps us away from salons. The good news is that you can look and feel your best with bikini depilatory creams, without needing to take time out to visit a salon. However, before using any product at home, it is useful to learn more about it. Here is how and why you should use these creams.
How to Use it?
Since all the products behave differently on different skin types, it is very important to read the instructions carefully before using them.
- Before using the cream, try it on a small patch of skin to make sure that it is okay for your skin type and does not lead to any allergy or rashes.
- Once you are certain, apply it gently around your bikini line.
- For normal skin, it will take 3-4 minutes to work, while for a sensitive skin it may take around 6-8 minutes.
- Gently wipe off, using a wet cloth.
- Wash the area thoroughly with water.
- DO NOT rub it.
- Do not apply the bikini depilatory cream very close to the genitals, as it may cause reactions.
- It is a quick and painless way to remove hair. It takes less time than a razor and doesn’t come with the risk of nicks and cuts.
- It is cheaper than most other options. This is one of the biggest reasons why women prefer to do it at home instead of going to a salon. The cost is very low as compared to what a salon may usually charge.
- It lasts longer than shaving. The results are better and stay longer than using a razor or shaving. The only thing that lasts longer is waxing.
- While shaving cuts off the hair at the edge of the skin, when the hair regrows, it is usually coarser and thicker. In case of using a cream, the hair gets dissolved and remains smooth and fine.
- It is very easily available. You can buy a depilatory cream at any department or cosmetic store at your convenience. You can even order online and have the product delivered right to your doorstep.