The UK referendum, or ‘Brexit’ as it is known, was estimated to have a huge impact on the residential and property market all across the globe. With British nationals accounting for one-third of its population, Dubai was expected to face a huge setback too. However, if there was a city in the world that could have taken that blow and still stood firm, it was Dubai. Residential properties in Dubai saw a minor decline of 10% in the first month after the Brexit but was quick to recover.
According to the ValuStart Price Index (VPI), monthly uplifts of 0.8% to 2.8% were recorded for mid-range, high-yielding properties in the country. It was just 0.6% down when compared to the period in 2015. Having survived strong headwinds, there will be no looking back for the city and the housing market is expected to reach new heights in the coming days.
What is on Offer?
- Solar Panels: While other countries of the world are still dependent on non-renewable resources for electricity and their residents have to pay huge electricity bills, residential properties in Dubai have installed solar panels, which means you don’t have to worry about utility bills anymore. Solar energy can be used to cook food, heat water and more.
- Greywater Treatment: Often referred to as waste-water, greywater can actually be used for tasks like laundry and toilet flushing. It is a part of the water conservation and sustainable treatment efforts of the city. Residential properties like Shapoorji Pallonji Properties have installed greywater treatment plants for the benefits of their residents.
- Water Purifiers: Clean drinking water is a big issue across the world and most areas in Dubai have installed water purifiers to make sure that you get clean drinking water and stay fit.
- LPG Connections: Although the electric cooking range is the new thing in the market, it can put a big hole in your pocket and a dent your monthly living budget. This is where residential properties in Dubai make your life a little more affordable by installing LPG connections in all their apartments.
Why it is a good idea to live here?
- From relaxation at the beaches to partying in the clubs, Dubai offers to you the perfect lifestyle.
- The economy of the country is strong and gives you great opportunities to make a good living.
- It is one of the safest cities in the world, where you can go out at any time.
- The weather is amazing, especially if you dislike heavy rainfall.
- The quality of education in the country is outstanding.